Friday, September 18, 2015

BANGKOK TRIP AUG2015 DAY1 : Central World / Siam Center / Siam Square One


Finally I get to squeeze out some time to blog about my Bangkok trip. As some of you may know, I went to Bangkok two weeks after the blast in Erawan Shrine - A bomb causing mass casualties and fatalities. The tragedy had caused grief to the victims' families and friends. I was struggling with anxiety, thinking about my upcoming trip there at that time. I had already booked and paid for everything! This was the trip which I had been anticipating for so long! Should I cancel? Or go on? 


However my mum insisted to go and ... she wanted to visit Erawan Shrine.  Thinking from a different perspective, we could go there and pray for the victims of the Bangkok bombing since I always wanted to send my heartfelt condolences to their families and friends. I was glad that our decision was absolutely right because we spent a great time there and even prayed for the victims. :)

Okay let's get back to the topic after my ramblings lol. 

SO we reached Don Mueang Airport at around 430pm. We managed to grab a taxi successfully. BUT, there was massive traffic jam at central Bangkok. We were stuck in the traffic for 1 hour plus, I nearly died in the car..... because valuable time wasted on this journey and we were forced to cancel our visit to some places. WTF

1. Central World

 The sky turned dark by the time we reached Central World. 


Big C Supercenter, which is located opposite to Central World. You can grab some groceries here especially Thai snacks and food. Yummy!

We had our dinner in Marugame Seimen Udon&Tempura at Central World. 

 For a start there were a long queue outside, which is always a good sign.

Since it is a self-service restaurant, we need to order and pay for our food and beverages at the counter.

Sauces, hot water, chilies etc are provided behind the counter. You can top up as much as you can :D



 TOM YAM UDON! 
CHICKEN KATSU WITH RICE

The food was surprisingly awesome. I am not joking! I ordered a bowl of TomYam Udon since I was craving so badly for TomYam after I set my foot in Bangkok! The TomYam was unexpectedly appetizing and delicious. I didn't expect this from a JAPANESE restaurant. The good food literally boosted my mood.  


2. Siam Square One

This shopping mall is pretty easy to find, just look for the huge white cat! I personally think that there is nothing to shop here lol. The clothes sold were nice but expensive. 


 After you! Too bad we didn't get to try their highly rated waffles.

Hello Kitty Cafe! Didn't dine in as well because there were lots of comments saying that it is overrated ):

3. Siam Center

 I strongly agree that it is much safer in Bangkok now. Security appears tighter, with a more conspicuous contingent police and soldiers patrolling and guarding most of the tourist areas and public places that attract crowds.  

As you can see from the pix below, security officers were checking bags of the visitors at the entrance. There were long had guards and metal detectors in most of the mall entrances which made us feel safe staying here. (including Central World and Siam Square One)
  Entrance of Siam Center








 Even the food court is well-furnished with elegant lighting.


 I couldn't recognize this sign at first lol. Damn weird hahaha. Its the sign of women's restroom.


HAHA found this on the door when I was taking a pee. I couldn't agree more! What a nice quote!

End our day by riding a tuk tuk back to our hotel 

My favourite shopping mall among the three is Siam Center! It was indeed an unique shopping experience. You will find a lot of interesting stuffs there, trust me. 

Well that is all for Day 1. Stay tuned for more Bangkok travel posts. Hope you enjoy reading, bye! 



4 comments:

  1. This blog resolved all my queries I had in my mind. Really helpful and supportive subject matter written in all the points. Hard to find such kind of blogs as descriptive and accountable to your doubts. Bangkok Food Tours

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking forward for more posts regarding to the exploration of amazing Bangkok.
    cheap airport parking
    manchester airport parking deals

    ReplyDelete