Sunday, October 25, 2015

BANGKOK TRIP DAY 3: THE GRAND PALACE




It has been weeks since I posted about my bangkok trip. My friend even complained about this HAHAHA. University life is quite hectic for me. I am trying to achieve a good balance between studies and curriculum activities, hopefully I will be able to cope with this well.

Okay let's turn on the time machine and travel back to few months ago in Bangkok, that was a lovely morning. We had our morning fuels at our hotel and I love this hotel seriously! I will blog about the hotel once I have finished blogging my bangkok trip so do stay tuned :D






Oh yea, that day was the national day of my beloved country - Malaysia. We celebrated it at our hotel on that morning.

We then walked to Siam station as usual, heading to our first destination, the Grand Palace.

The traffic officers ( I am not very sure about this) were so caring, they helped to monitor the traffics for the pedestrians at all day.

The bomb squad had become more regularly integrated with the police to ensure the safety of the country. This made us feel safe. 
 
We rented the full day tourist boat to explore around. It is the Chao Phraya Tourist Boat, it gives access to Bangkok's most famous tourist attraction, from the spectacular Temple of Dawn to the fascinating Museum of Siam and from the vibrant flower market to the magnificent Grand Palace. 

With 150baht, you can get unlimited rides from 930am-730pm, and not to worry about purchasing boat tickets or getting lost. Highly recommended to those who want to explore Bangkok from a whole new perspective!



We met some new friends who came from Malaysia too! okay I know my head looks friggin big here --

 The Oriental Pier (N1)

 Si Phraya Pier ( N3)


It took us about 15minutes to walk from Ta Chang Pier(N9) to the Grand Palace. We started to sweat under the hot, scorching sun. 
 


 The entrance , finally yay.


 My pretty mummy :D


The Grand Palace has very strict policy on the dress code. Visitors are not allowed to wear sleeveless shorts or any sorts of pants/skirts which come above the knee.  Also, toe-covered shoes are required.

The entrance fee is 500baht for foreigners. It sounds expensive but trust me, you will be amazed by the vivid buildings here.  

The palace was full of people (most of them were mainlanders). All were busy capturing their very best photo here. 

The Buddhist architecture is covered in edgy gold, interspersed with mosaic columns containing coloured glass. Very stunning and beautiful.







The place I like the most is Chakri Maha Prasat Hall (pictures below). It is a mixture of Thai and Western architecture.

 

Totally fall in love with the European neo-classical style architecture, I can just stare at this for the whole day. 








We spent the half of our day here, exploring the spiritual side of Bangkok. I wonder how did they manage to build such a collection of art masterpieces without any flaws? Ehem, I am not exaggerating, the buildings are genuinely impressive! 

HOW TO GO:  Take the Silom Line and get off at Saphan Taksin Station and go out through Exit No. 2.  Then, take the Chao Phraya Express Boat to Ta Chang Pier (No.9). A 15 minute walk will bring you to the entrance gate of the Grand Palace.

OPENING HOURS:  Daily from 08.30am - 3.30pm

ENTRANCE FEE:   500baht for foreigners.



 


2 comments:

  1. Wow! This is the perfect blog I am looking this type of blog its awesome blog here , share great information about this topic. This informative blog helps many readers with their decision-making regarding the situation. Great articles and will look forward for more!Cooking class bangkok

    ReplyDelete