Tuesday, July 28, 2015

Shopping and Sightseeing in Dongdaemun & Dongdaemun Design Plaza


Dongdaemun is one of the hottest shopping areas in Korea.  Most of the tourists visit here to hunt for clothes. But I don't really do much shopping here because: 

1. I think it was overrated , the price was 15000won above for a piece of shirt / blouse , some can up to 50,000won ( what a scary price!) It wasn't as cheap as I thought they would be. 

2. I tried to bargain but failed every time. 


However, this is my opinion if you plan to do shopping here. I prefer to shop at other places like Ehwa or Hongdae .




Undoubtedly, the night view was spectacular. I enjoyed sightseeing rather than shopping. We went to Dongdaemun Design Plaza ( known as DDP) next. 






I was impressed by the architecture of the building. It is a worth visit ! Not forget to mention that Korean celebrities or bloggers come here often for fashion events , exhibitions etc. 




Interior of DDP . My favourite black and white themed corridor, how cool !!! 

DDP consists of  Art Hall, Museum,Design Lab  and Design Market. The shops are not many compared to shopping malls in Dongdaemun but I like the local-designed products that was sold here. 

Guess what?  I found another Stardium by SMTown! This branch was not as crowded as the main branch near Coex Mall which I had featured it in my previous post already. 





EXO PAPER TOY! Omg I cannot resist when I saw them again. So, I ended up buying one set which cost 15000won. NO regrets!!! 





Power bank in different colors! 



Some home decor products 




Decided to have a rest on super comfy beanies haha, listening to piano songs played by a visitor there. Relaxinggggggg.... Too bad we missed the chance to visit the museum in DDP which opens on certain days and times only.















It was lucky to get to see 21,000  LED lit roses when we were strolling around DDP. The stroll was beyond awe-inspiring ! If you want to see the roses yourself, you have to visit here by 30th of November as they would succumb during winter this year. 


Well, that is all for now. Thanks for reading, hope you enjoy it. 


                                                                                                                         Chloe

No comments:

Post a Comment